Friday 6 November 2015

The Recycled Glass House

Today I visited a couple of friends who kindly volunteered their garden for the monthly blog feature. What I had not expected when I arrived, was the enormity of what they have achieved in the two and a half years of owning the property.  I can't wait to share it with you.
But before I do, there is something very special that I think you will all be very interested in. Something unique and really quite stunning.  They built a glass house.  Entirely with recycled materials sourced from various salvage yards, demolition sites, friends, family and gumtree.
The process of finding and collecting the windows and timber proved to be quite a challenge.  But when they finally found all the components and put them together, they ended up creating a garden house that would be the envy of every gardener!  It really is quite an incredible achievement.

I thought it was just too lovely not to share.

These images of the progressive build of the glass house have very kindly been shared by the owners of the property, Noel and Bec.

I hope you can be inspired! I have!


Empty space, before the building began.
Plans!
Gathering the window frames and timber.

 Preparations for the frame. First day.
That is one up!
 
Pallets make an excellent wall!
 Innovation at it's best!
Looking fabulous, isn't it!
 All finished! What an amazing little garden room!






No comments:

Post a Comment